Jun 27, 2008

Reader of the Week: Jason Hoffman

published in VenusZine.com on 06/02/08

How long have you worked for Dr. Wax CDs and Records?

A little more than 10 years.

Do you ever slowly feel yourself turning into a John Cusack character (from the movie High Fidelity)?
Not really. John Cusack has a kind of handsome that I would describe as a fresh-faced-farm-boy-sort-of-Christopher-Reeve-by-way-of-Mr. Rogers handsome. I feel that I cultivate a more Barry White–esque funk with a touch of Levar Burton. Plus, I lick the decals!

Which part of that last question do you resent the most?
People always think I'm more like the Jack Black character! We all know that true love was on that Sticky Fingers record.

You work in a used record and video store, so tell me about your latest (and worst) finds.
We just found a pile of video CDs that have been sitting in a back room since the Clinton administration. I've been rocking Mindfield starring Michael Ironside to cure my long winter blues. But it's in Thai, so I know I'm missing something.

Who do you have a crush on? Where would you go on your dream date with aforementioned crush?
I'm brutality torn between Lieutenant Starbuck and Bob Saget! Our three-way date would involve Champagne, cake, and Battlestar Galactica. Lots of it.


Read the article here.